NHS e-Referral Service (e-RS)
Why would GP practices want to do this?
The NHS ambition is to embrace technology as part of its drive to offer modern, convenient and responsive services to patients, their families and carers. GP practices are leading the way. Today, the majority of GP practices already offer these services.
What help can I get with the e-Referral Service?
Our team are working with CCGs and GP practices.
We can help by providing support and training for e-RS. We can also, by developing your business processes, increase the utilisation of e-RS for your practice.
Questions & Answers
Error e-Referral Stuck on Outstanding Referral Letters Screen - Duplicate
These are normally found in the Outstanding Referral Worklist – a UBRN is sitting in this list and awaiting a referral to be added.
1. Click on the UBRN
2. Choose – Actions,
3. Choose -View History, from this screen highlight the NHS number and copy Click Ok.
4. Go to the Patient Tab, Paste in the NHS Number and search for the patient, please ensure that you have ticked Show archived referrals.
5. If two referrals are show, check on the GP clinical system to ensure that the correct UBRN that has gone through are the same details as are on the patient record – if not add the information about which UBRN is now being used and save the record within the Clinical System.
6. Go back to e-Referral Patient Screen Click on the duplicate UBRN,
7. Choose – Actions and
8. Choose – Cancel Request.
9. Choose Reason from Drop down list – Other
10. Add comments: Duplicate Referral,
11. Click Cancel Request,
12. Click Yes
13. Click Close.
The duplicate will be archived.
The practice are recieving SystmOneTasks regarding unactioned referrals
If the practice are receiving daily tasks regarding unactioned referrals, a number of things needs to be checked:
1. Go to Set up
2. Click User and Policies
3. Click Organisational Preferences
4. Click Clinical
5. Within Referrals Out Section
6. ensure that there is a number of weeks rather than the default 0, suggest a 2 week before task sent to ensure none are missed.
The reason the tasks are sent is because the full process of referring out has not been completed.
Refer to Training Guide : 04 Referral Letters, in particular steps on the last 2 pages, this will ensure no tasks are sent and the SystmOne side of the e-referral process is completed.
Error e-Referral Stuck on Outstanding Referral Letters Screen (Not a Duplicate)
1. Checking on Patients Record in the Referral Out Node that all the attachments are there. If so save all the attachments to the desktop
2. In the Outstanding Referrals Letters Worklist within e-Referral, Click on UBRN and Click Add referral letter, Click add attachment from the desktop adding any additional description as required Repeat adding documents until all relating documents are attached.
3. Click submit
4. Click close.
The referral will go and move to the awating acceptance / booking worklist.
NOTE: Remember to delete all attachments from desktop and empty the recycling bin.
How to Guide is Available
Unable to find Two Week Wait appointments
A common problem is not searching correctly for 2 Week Wait appointments, as with normal appointments you search for speciality with 2 Week Wait you need to search for 2 Week Wait
The search in e-Referral should be as follows :-
1. Priority = 2 Week Wait
2. Specialty = 2WW
3. Clinic Type = 2WW Type e.g. 2WW Breast, 2WW Gynaecology, 2WW Skin etc
How to Guide Available
How do I request changes or report errors for e-Referral
NHS Digital have a feedback form that can be completed and screen shots, doc added to support information.
In SystmOne, how do I attach additional information requested by the Provider
1. Within the Patients Record locate the e-Referral (listed as Choose and Book in SystmOne)
2. Right Click on Referral and Choose – Update Choose & Book
3. Amend Referral Window pops up – amend as necessary and Click Continue Writing
4. The Choose and Book Referral window opens, add information or attachments as required
5. Send Final Version and Save Patient